Our future society, which is on its road to a super aging society, will go through an explosive change in societal desires and way of life therefore requiring aging social welfare specialists who are creative and practical.
Major in Social Welfare for the Elderly practices human services for successful aging in an aging welfare society hence training aging social welfare specialists is our goal. We are training talented specialists who can develop theories which can be practiced in real life at the same time possessing skills in order to contribute to the improvement of welfare in the family lifestyle and experts in the senior-friendly industry. This is an industry which has been pointed out as the most promising industry in 2010.
·Second Grade Social Worker / Brain Trainer / Second Grade Lifelong Educator
·Aging Social Welfare Specialist / Care Welfare Specialist
·Management of Welfare Facilities
Career Path upon Graduation
·Employment at social welfare institutes (comprehensive social welfare center, elderly care facility) or setting up a welfare center upon obtaining Social Worker, Care Welfare Specialist, Brain Trainer, Aging Social Welfare Specialist qualifications
· Community welfare centers and facilities, medical institutions, living facilities, schools and other counseling centers (elderly counseling centers etc.)
· Administrative public official (social welfare official)
· Employment at social welfare foundation and welfare corporation (corporations, hospitals, schools etc.)
· Private industry related to the elderly population industry
·Carrying out research at research institutes (Korea Labor Development Institute for the aged etc.)
· Private consultant, counselor
· Entering graduate school and becoming a welfare educationalist